As an artist, I am involved in every step along the way. That means, I am not only the photographer, but I also work with the digitized file to perfect the image. I am also a printmaker* and a custom framer and the webmaster. I’ve learned along the way that each step is an art, requiring craftsmanship.
I could delegate any of these steps; however, my main concern is that my vision be carried through every step so that you receive a piece of art that is an expression of my personal vision, passion and inspiration.
I create the pieces using high quality materials that help express my inner vision to increase the chance that you might feel the magic I felt in the presence of the actual flower.
I follow the guidelines recommended by the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) regarding digital photography best practices and workflow (www.dpbestflow.org):
- The original file is captured in RAW format. This ensures that the maximum amount of data is captured.
- A non-destructive workflow is used during the image conversions and processing. The raw file is converted into a digital negative (DNG) and processed in Lightroom and then in Photoshop.
- A large color space is used. I use ProPhotoRGB.
- The master file is archived as a layered file.
- The master files are backed-up and migrated to new media as required.
*For some larger pieces, I use a printing studio that I have carefully selected and work closely with.
Certificates of Authenticity
Your photograph includes a certificate of authenticity, with details specific to your piece of art. It is signed and dated.